Thursday, October 15, 2009

Prayer Power


God helps us do things that would normally be impossible!

How powerful is prayer?


I've often asked myself this, especially in situations where I so badly want God to come through. I'll be pleading with the Lord to please, please give answers, wisdom, or simply a CHANGE. And then I'll wonder, 'how much do my prayers really matter in this situation?'


Well, one thing I know for sure is that GOD is GOD, and he is more powerful than we can imagine!! The Bible says to pray to God and he will answer, and that the 'fervent effectual prayers of a righteous man availeth much.' The Bible is TRUTH, and so I fully believe that if we stand on these promises and pray IN FAITH, than our prayers can be powerful!! Yes, I believe it.


Something that can encourage us in prayer, is simply taking a minute to re-call the past experiences where we've seen God answer our prayers. One time I was praying about something that I was feeling desperate about, and I my faith was indeed feeling no larger than a mustard seed. I was wondering, 'how can I be sure that you will answer, Lord?' And then I asked myself, 'have I seen God come through in impossible situations before?' The answer was YES! As I thought about it, I recalled a number of times when God had come through and done miraculous things. My faith was suddenly strengthened, and hope sprang up in my heart.


God DOES hear. He DOES answer.


Praise his name!!




-Chloe

1 comment: