Saturday, May 21, 2011

IT'S A REPTILE!





Hey, look what crawled out of the woods into OUR pond! This gal has been livin in our pond for a year now, and we've never gotten more than a glimse of her when she would rise to the surface of the water. TODAY however, I noticed that our Shelties were looking very startledly at the edge of the woods, and when THIS Mama (she was probably laying eggs in there) popped out, they went nuts barking. I started SHOUTING for Gideon, and before you knew it, 10 kids were surrounding this turtle at a nervously safe distance. A camera with *zoom* got some great photos.

So!
The mysterious reptile reveals herself at last!
We thought about catching it, but decided to just let her go back to the pond.
"It'll keep Sophia out of the middle of the pond." Gid offered with a grin.

~Annie

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I recently discovered it and read it often. Keep up the good work!
    I just started my first blog! I am so excited and would love if you would check it out. ProjectPaperie has lots of crafts, inspirational stories and more!
    The link is www.projectpaperie.blogspot.com
    Thank you! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to 'meet' you, Gabrielle! :)
    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete